I am forever grateful to the culinary world for making ‘meals in a bowl’ a thing! In this blog, I will share my favourite recipe of this scrumptious food format. A combination of Sole Fish, Green Beans and Quinoa, this one’s easy to make with a delectable taste that is hardly forgotten. If you are not a fan of quinoa, you can always replace it with cooked brown or red rice. I personally like using quinoa for the dish comes out really good, and well, the endless benefits of it are known to all. That been said, please go ahead and use whatever you like best!
Presenting the recipe of Turmeric sole fish curry & green beans with Quinoa!
Let’s start with the fish first!
- 250 gm sole fish – cut into pieces
- 1 onion – chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 small green chillies – chopped
- 6-7 fresh curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- 1/2 lemon for marinating
- Pink salt and black pepper to enhance flavour
- Marinate fish in lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon haldi, and 2 pinches of black pepper for 20 minutes
- Sauté the marinated fish in 1 tablespoon of mustard oil and keep aside once cooked
- For the masala, add 1 tablespoon mustard oil in a pan. Then add red chilli, and mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds start to pop, add onions, curry leaves, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chilli, and 1 tablespoon coconut milk diluted in 1 tablespoon water.
- Add salt and haldi powder
- Cook for 5 minutes on low heat. Then add the sauté fish in the masala and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cook for another 10 minutes on low heat.
And it’s done. Moving on to the Green beans and Quinoa mix now.
- 2 cups chopped green beans boiled for 5 minutes
- 4 tablespoons cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1 red chilli broken in a few pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon hing powder
- 1/4 teaspoon haldi
- Pink salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the red chilli, mustard seeds and hing.
- Once the mustard seeds start to pop, add green beans, salt, haldi powder and the quinoa
- Cook and stir on low heat for 5 minutes
Serve the fish with the mix, and enjoy!