1. The first step towards healthy skin is your mindset. Love your skin! Every woman wants beautiful glowing skin but accepting and embracing your natural beauty first is so important. Glow comes from the inside out. Be grateful for your skin and your beauty will naturally shine through.
Choosing a diet that provides the right vitamins and minerals will give you healthy looking skin. For me, I have my favourites which I swear by…Vitamin C and green tea are potent antioxidants and work wonders. Two cups of green tea are more than enough per day and for your Vitamin C – citrus is great. Grapefruit, lemons, oranges, Amala/Indian gooseberries, broccoli and/or bell peppers can be added to your diet and you should try to have these every day too.
2. One of my personal favourite recipes is homemade Chicken Bone Broth. I’m such a big believer in clean eating and this is perfect. Simply add onions, celery, turmeric, carrots, a bay leaf and cook for a couple of hours. This adds hyaluronic acid to your diet which plumps and gives volume to your skin. Please make sure you get your chicken from a reliable source if it’s not organic then just make sure it’s clean.
3. My go-to DIY tea recipe! Add half a teaspoon of organic turmeric, one teaspoon of organic raw coconut oil, half a teaspoon of organic honey, one small cardamon (crushed) and two crushed black peppercorns. Boil these together for 6 to 7 minutes and strain. I like to have a cup before going to bed. It’s a delicious elixir for your skin, digestion and immunity.
4. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Keep yourself hydrated with natural water, best if it’s mineral. It’s a great way to flush out toxins from your system and a highly beneficial way to soothe acne prone skin too. A jug of infused water is refreshing and full of nourishment.
Wheatgrass juice is also a great way to hydrate. Just adding one shot of wheatgrass powder in a glass of water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach will make your system alkaline. Even spirulina and moringa powders are great. Note; super green powders like wheat grass, spirulina and a few others are available in fab India and natures basket.
I also like to make lemonade / nimbu pani (with yellow lemons not green), organic pink Himalayan salt, a slice of ginger, mint leaves and either palm sugar/raw honey/organic maple syrup/coconut sugar. This is great to have twice a day.
The next recipe is my favourite and the best thing is all the ingredients are easily available! Just take room temperature water infused with mint, cucumbers, a few citrus fruits and a chamomile tea bag (preferably organic) and sliced oranges with skin. Let it infuse for two hours and then keep sipping as and when you like.
5. Exercise!! – And your reward? Radiant and smooth skin. You actually glow! Any form of exercise works wonders. It even takes care of your cellulite, balances your hormones and is a great way to reduce acne and eczema. Please don’t forget to use sunblock spf 50 (gel-based) if your workout is outdoors. I would recommend the following: Bioderma Aqua Fluid Photoderm SPF 50 or Suncote Gel SPF 30. They won’t clog your pores due to sweat and pollution.